At Fleming College we strive to offer the best possible educational experience for our students. We have a wealth of programs that feature practical, hands-on learning experiences that prepare students for the workplace, or for the next step on their academic pathway. Our knowledgeable and dedicated faculty and staff work with a keen focus on student success. (source)
Accessible Education Services
Fleming College is committed to providing equal access to services, facilities and educational programs for persons with disabilities. If you have a documented medical, physical, psychological or learning disability you may be eligible for accommodations that can help you to succeed academically.(source)
The following are examples of academic accommodations and support services which may be put in place:
- training in and access to technical aids (assistive equipment and software)
- computerized note-taking for those with sight or hearing disabilities
- alternatives to print materials
- American Sign Language interpreting
- alternative testing arrangements
- counselling support
- various other supports such as learning strategies, peer note-taking and tutoring services
- a full-time Learning Strategist and Assistive Technologist for students
IMPORTANT: It is your responsibility to make your disability known as soon as you accept an offer of admission. Early identification ensures that we can provide appropriate academic accommodations in a timely manner.
We offer options in the summer to help students with disabilities connect with services and supports they need in college. Each is designed to help you start off your first semester at Fleming on the right foot.
Steps To Take to Engage Accessible Education Services
Identify your disability needs to the college by calling Counselling:
- For programs at the campuses in Peterborough or Cobourg, phone 705-749-5527 or toll free 866-353-6464, ext. 1527.
- For programs at the campuses in Lindsay or Haliburton, phone 705-324-9144, ext. 3320 or toll free 866-353-6464, ext. 3320.