Lifting the Barriers on Disability

Find the Right Program!
Get Financial Assistance!
Find the Attendant Support!
Find the Perfect Modified Unit!
Find Equipment Funding!
Find Transportation Services!
Extra, Extra, Read all About It!


Rent Geared-to-Income (RGI) housing [subsidized housing] provides rent suitable for people receiving Social Assistance, Ontario Disability Support or Canada Pension. Rent is typically based on 30% of the gross household income and is for families/individuals who meet the income criteria for rent subsidy. Oxford county includes: Woodstock, Tillsonburg, Ingersoll, Thamesford, Norwich, Drumbo, Embro, Tavistock, Innerkip, and Princeton. (source)


Eligibility Requirements

In order to apply for RGI housing:

At least one member of a household must be 16 years old or older.

Each member of a household must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a refugee claimant.

No deportation order has been made or has become effective for any members of the household.

No member of a household may owe rent arrears or owe money as a result of damages caused by a member of the household, with respect to social housing.

No member of a household has had a conviction for misrepresentation of income related to social housing.

How do I apply?

Fill out this form and return it to:

Department of Human Services

P.O. Box 1614,

21 Reeve Street,

Woodstock, Ontario

N4S 7Y3

Phone: 519-539-9800

Fax: 519-421-4710


Is there Special Needs Housing?

Modified and Supportive housing means a unit that is occupied by or is made available for occupancy by a household having one or more individuals who require accessibility modifications or provincially-funded support services in order to live independently in the community. Applying for a modified Special Needs Units Applicants may apply directly to each non-profit housing provider with modified units. Oxford County Human Services will also accept and process applications for modified units and will work with each housing provider to ensure equal access to all applicants based on their date of application. Applying for Supportive Units Some housing providers in Oxford County have referral agreements with support agencies. These organizations provide the support an applicant may require to live independently in the community. These agencies have their own selection and placement criteria for Oxford County RGI units but applicants must also meet Oxford County Housing’s basic eligibility criteria. For information placement criteria please visit this page and click on "modified or supportive units" for more information.

Additional Information

For additonal information and contct numbers, please visit this website.