Developmental Services Ontario
Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) agencies can help adults with developmental disabilities find services and supports in their community. We can also provide information and help you or someone you care for with planning for the future. There are nine Developmental Services Ontario agencies across Ontario. The agency in your region will help you access the supports that are available in your community. These agencies are found here.
There are many programs provided by DSO two in particular are Community Participation Supports and Passport.
What are community participation supports?
If an adult with a developmental disability wants to become more involved in their community, their Developmental Services Ontario agency can help by putting them in touch with community participation supports. These supports can be delivered one-on-one or in groups. For more information about this program, please visit on this website.
What is Passport?
- People can also apply for direct funding for community participation and caregiver respite supports [respite care]. This option gives people funding to pay for activities that encourage personal development―helping participants be the best they can be. This can include supports that ease the transition from school to life as an adult in the community,
- help them develop independence,
- build social, emotional and community-participation skills,
- encourage learning and personal development,
- and provide respite to parents and caregivers.
For more information about this program, please visit this website.